• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Det Drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

I've been running the 40.72s for a while now, but recently have noticed that a few games will not run with them. (This is with the 40.72s now listed on nvidia's site) With the 30.82s those programs run, just really poorly...if I run nature in 3dmark it skips very bad.
So my question is what other driver is the most compatable with all games/programs??
Thanks

jlin453

Have you tried the 41.03's? I got my best 3dmark score with this driver. benching wise, the 41.03 is better than the 40.72 (imo at least)

As for games, I don't play that many so i'm not sure if the 41.03 is compatible with all. I know counter-strike works perfect with teh 41.03 and 40.72

OP
Codeman05

Codeman05

Just one of the prog I noticed that wouldn't work was GT3 for example

Maxvla

with these latest drivers its really just luck of the draw to see what your computer likes the best.

one person may love 40's one person may love 30's. it just depends.

just take the time to try out several and find out on your own. :)

OP
Codeman05

Codeman05

Maxvla said:
with these latest drivers its really just luck of the draw to see what your computer likes the best.

one person may love 40's one person may love 30's. it just depends.

just take the time to try out several and find out on your own. :)

Last time I did that I ended up messing up XP...somehow :(
I think I got the 40.52s workin pretty good. That'll do until I get more time to find a better looking driver that still runs everything

Maxvla

Codeman05 said:

Last time I did that I ended up messing up XP...somehow :(
I think I got the 40.52s workin pretty good. That'll do until I get more time to find a better looking driver that still runs everything
how so? i did a battery of tests using about 15 different drivers and i had no problems. :confused:

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
XP rant

I always have terrible luck when installing det drivers on win XP. XP hates them all and usually has a problem of some sort until I've gone through about a dozen or so driver releases. This is why I complain to all my buds who run XP and ask me to tweak there rigs, and why I don't use XP on any of my pwn boxes.

Maxvla

Re: XP rant

Arkaine23 said:
I always have terrible luck when installing det drivers on win XP. XP hates them all and usually has a problem of some sort until I've gone through about a dozen or so driver releases. This is why I complain to all my buds who run XP and ask me to tweak there rigs, and why I don't use XP on any of my pwn boxes.
XP pwns though :eh?:

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
OS

I suppose :rolleyes: but I guess I've never noticed.

Current XP issue- via 4-in-1 give a registry error, something like- query failed. contact hardware manufacturer! Its really bugging my friend since its his brand new box. Tried regcleaner, no luck. Tried v3.38 and 4.43 4-in-1s. I know XP doesn't need them, but I also know others use them and don't get a messed up registry. :mad: This is on an 8k3ae mothebroard.

This is just an example of my hate on XP. With bad detonators, I usually get desktops that resize themselves, refresh rates that default to 60hz, 3dmark refusing to initialize, and games exiting to desktop unexpectedly- even when a rig and vid card are at stock speeds and XP is a fresh install.

I think XP knows I hate it and it in turn hates me.

Maxvla

Re: OS

Arkaine23 said:
I suppose :rolleyes: but I guess I've never noticed.

Current XP issue- via 4-in-1 give a registry error, something like- query failed. contact hardware manufacturer! Its really bugging my friend since its his brand new box. Tried regcleaner, no luck. Tried v3.38 and 4.43 4-in-1s. I know XP doesn't need them, but I also know others use them and don't get a messed up registry. :mad: This is on an 8k3ae mothebroard.
Bah! thats Via's problem. 4-in-1's have had trouble from the word go.