• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about [email protected] Windows Client

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leviathan41

I just started folding and I have a question about the client I'm using.

I downloaded the graphical windows client from the stanford site and got it set up and everything, with my name and team 32. When I open task manager it has 3 [email protected] processes running:

FAH4Console.exe (uses 0 percent of cpu)
FahCore_65.exe (uses about 50% cpu)
FahCore_78.exe (uses about 50% cpu)

I tried to install a different version of [email protected], not a graphical one, before and I think it is still running, I don't know. Which processes should I have running to fold most effectively?

Thanks

CrashOveride

There SHOULD be 2 I think, the FAH4Console.exe and one of the others, however I think each core works on a differnt type of work unit so 50/50 MIGHT not be a bad thing... I don't know that it is that bad of a thing really... But perhaps it is, someone else might know better:/

BTW,
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
You'll want to close one of them and see which core continues to run. You should probably track down the other client and either get rid of it, or change the machine ID # in the client.cfg file to 2. It's possible to run 2 clients at once, but they have to be in different directories and they have to have different machine ID's.

And if you have a newer CPU, you'll want to make sure both clients are started with the -advmethods and either -forceasm (for 3.2x clients) or -forceSSE (for 4.0 clients).

You do this by editing the shortcut that starts the client or by editing a reg key if its service installed. FAHcore78 is much better on newer CPU's, though less stable on AMD CPU's when forcing SSE.

OP
Leviathan41

Leviathan41

FahCore_78 is from my previous install and FahCore_65 is the one that is with the graphical install. I can't get rid of 78, I can stop the process but when I restart it is back. How do I stop it and only run one instance of [email protected]?

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
The quickest way is to find out where you installed the FAH client initially and just delete the directory. If you used one of the auto-installers FAH is probably under C:\Program Files\FAH.

Wedo