Question about GPU Company Warranties

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

I know this has probably been covered already but can someone briefly tell me what companies have warranty transfers without having to worry about purchase receipt, etc. Thanks

dja2k

Kinda figured, damn thanks! Hopefully I can get my hands on a legit GPU purchase.

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member

I've sold a few computer items that were still under warranty. I've always told the buyer to save my number as I am willing to help out with an RMA.

But, if you're buying from someone who is reselling heavily they may not want to deal with the headache.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner

I dont know policy by heart.... but you can look it up and see.

That said, not all require a receipt last I recall..

Also, we don't talk about ways to get around the rules...

Woomack

Benching Team Leader

The only thing which is usually important is the date of purchase. However, this is more a question to specific manufacturer support. I can tell you that in the EU, in most cases, no matter what is on the invoice as long as it's from a legal source and not some weird 3rd hand eBay seller.
If you don't want to have problems then buy stuff that was sold by large online stores.
Some support centers reject everything that came from another sales region. So if you have a product purchased in the EU then US support can tell you to send it to the country where it was purchased.

Btw. in some (if not most) cases you can't cheat as manufacturers can trace the product by a serial number and at least some related documents. So will tell you where it was purchased, from what distributor, and if other data matches. If support is lazy then won't check it.