• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about large DIMMs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I forgot to update on the cooling issue. The bank that doesn't have a fan from the factory would overheat and cause memtest to fail. My solution to just test the memory was to put a spare fan facing the bank and memtest passed fine.

The permanent solution comes in two flavors--one is a factory z420 shroud that guides air over this bank using the fan in the power supply. This also means all this heat will go into the power supply. The other solution was a stand alone 'memory fan' like what corsair makes. I opted for the second solution and it works very well. :clap:

There is also a possibility that you can put 512GB of ram (yes 1/2 a TB of ram!) into this system using 64GB LRDIMMs. I don't have any of those to test, but if a single module works in the system, I'm willing to bet you could load up the system with 8x of them. :cool: Perhaps one day in the future I can confirm that this works.

Back