• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about LED's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hordsak

Registered
Ok, I'm just wondering if my idea will work ok. This is what I want to do. I have about 6 blue LED's, that I'd like to connect to my HDD Activity header on the motherboard. I want to place these LED's througout the case, so when it loads it flashes ect. Now, if I hook the LED's up in a series, will I have any problems with running them off the HDD header? I could hook them up in either a series, or parallel, but a series seems a little more efficent to me. Thanks.

Mark620

The mb header does not provide the voltage to run them in series and I dont think it has the amperage to run more than one anyway. It was designed to run 1 led.

OP
H

Hordsak

Registered
That's what I was wondering. I must find a way to make this work. There has to be a way. I'll do some researching after work. Thanks.