• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about my new install, GA-b250m-d3h

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bardos

Hello All,

I have a new system I built this morning. It's in my sig below. I cloned win10 from my old drive a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 256gb. Everything has gone perfectly. Totally perfect. When I look at device manager, there are no exclamation points, nothing is amiss. It seems that win 10 (V.1803) has completely sorted out the drivers for this mobo.

I had prepared a folder with drivers which I had downloaded from the Gigabyte website, which normally I would be hastily installing. But it appears they are not needed. First time for me. But maybe welcome to the modern age of computing.

System runs fine.
Does this all sound right with respect to the drivers?

Thanks

What he^^^^^^^ said.
the venders drivers will give better, more reliable performance.

I've had some luck cloning an OS to a new mobo when it's the same chipset (990FX to 990FX, etc.) but a clean install is always my first choice. Even downloading the correct drivers leaves the old drivers in place, and that's just asking for a conflict at some point. Windows can be amazingly stupid sometimes.

I've had some luck cloning an OS to a new mobo when it's the same chipset (990FX to 990FX, etc.) but a clean install is always my first choice. Even downloading the correct drivers leaves the old drivers in place, and that's just asking for a conflict at some point. Windows can be amazingly stupid sometimes.

Amen to that :)

Back