• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about new 480 ssd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

I current have my od and programs installed on a 1tb spinning disk out of the 1000GB I only uwe 91 GB so on my 480 SSD I surely have room to install my OS and all programs as well installed on my ssd. Would I notice a huge time increase i as far as accessing the data on my ssd. compared to them both being on a 1TB spin drive now.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
If I understood what you are asking........(grammar and typos oh my!)

Quite obviously, accessing ANYTHING on an ssd would be a lot FASTER. You should notice a huge time DECREASE when using an ssd.

Is that what you asked? If not please clarify. :)

OP
E

eaglepi

If I understood what you are asking........(grammar and typos oh my!)

Quite obviously, accessing ANYTHING on an ssd would be a lot FASTER. You should notice a huge time DECREASE when using an ssd.

Is that what you asked? If not please clarify. :)

Yes you were right and thanks for the help. I apologize for the typos and grimmer but I have been living on about 2 hours of sleep a night on a good night. My wife is in the hospital and I ave run myself a bit thin. Glad you could read through the typos and bad grammar, reading it back now I find it hard to understand.....lol