• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about nf7-s USB plugs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

Just recently got my new computer running, just a quick question:
What are the 2 red plugs for? (they are off the extra USB) I have 2 USB on the back of the computer, and 2 more, with 2 different red leads off of them. What are these? They are right above the extra USB plugs that go near the modem and such.

Just curious!

E

(Nf7-s, barton 2500 oc to 2.2, 2x 256 buffalo ram)

t_biggs

Are you talking about the 2 headers between the first PCI and AGP slot? Thats for FireWire IEEE1394. I have it disabled in BIOS because I don't have any FireWire devices, but have it hooked up anyways so I don't have any cables laying around unplugged.

OP
hafaphoto

hafaphoto

It is part of the extra usb ports on the back of the computer. I have the usb hooked up, but there are 2 extra red cables that I do not know what they are.

moorcito

Are you talking about the USB/Firewire bracket that came with your motherboard? If so, then those are the firewire connectors as t_biggs alluded to. The headers are located between the PCI and AGP slot, as t_biggs said, and you plug the red cables into those two headers. Chapter 3 subsection 13 in the manual explains what to do.