• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about the Klipsch 4.1s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strida

I'm going to have the Klipsch speakers here pretty soon and had a small question. When I plug in my headphones, does music still play on the speakers? Or just the headphones?

If it plays on both at the same time I think I'm going to have to rig up some kind of switch to toggle between the two, but I don't really wanna do that.

BTW, I'm talking about plugging the headphones into the headphone jack of on the speakers, not on the sound card..

Pinky

Turd Furguson said:

Mine play still unless I switch them to play heaphones only.

I don't own a pair, but I know the standard is for them to switch off automatically unless... there's a switch :p

dew042

i have 4.1s - here's the deal.

when switched on - you will hear the speakers and the headphones.

when switched off the speakers no longer have output but the headphones are still powered. i use headphones/speakers back and forth constantly in this manner.

dew.

12am

hmm that's odd how I can have my speakers on and plug the headphones in and the sound stops coming out of the speakers while the 4.1's have you turn off the speakers. Kinda a bonehead idea on klipsch's part if you ask me.

Biznatch

He is correct, I just tested it on my set and you do have to turn off the speakers or they will play also.