• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about the latest RivaTuner Statistic Server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Anyone else here using RTSS ? For some reason the latest RTSS 6.5.0 causes my STEAM Overlay not to work. I wonder if this is happening for anyone else ?
Not just 64-BIT games but any games. Unless I enable Custom3DSupport for the specific game only then the STEAM Overlay will work for that specific game.

Is there any solution to this ?
Also does anyone have any idea why I can't delete some of the Profile that I've added into the program ??
The " Delete " button just grey out.

I am not having this issue... HTH

Couldn't be, because everyone is facing this problem with the latest RivaTuner Ver 6.5.0 to be exact. But of course like I said using Custom3D will fix the STEAM Overlay issue.
So I went and Google, I found the solution, it's actually STEAM's fault, not RivaTuner.

Here's the workaround.
1) Run Notepad as Admin
2) On the Notepad, Open up this Folder > C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\ProfileTemplates\Global
3) Look for the line [ Hooking ]
4) Below the line [ Hooking ] look for the command line.
InjectionDelayTriggers = IGO64.dll
5) Change it to
InjectionDelayTriggers = IGO64.dll ,GameOverlayRenderer64.dll
6) Save and you're done. But I still had to make a custom profile for Killing Floor 2 and enable Custom3D for the STEAM Overlay to work.

I just removed riva and all the msi software today from a rig that has been starting itself at 10,06 pm, it's 10,21 and has not booted itself.... hhhhmmmmmmmmmmm............

I just removed riva and all the msi software today from a rig that has been starting itself at 10,06 pm, it's 10,21 and has not booted itself.... hhhhmmmmmmmmmmm............

Hmm sorry don't really understand you, so you're saying after uninstalling both MSI AB and RTSS, your PC won't boot up anymore ???
How does these program even have such an effect lol ??

no, my rig has been booting itself up, from power off.
yesterday afternoon I uninstalled all the msi software, including riva and it did not boot itself up, makes me suspect the msi software, including riva that comes with it.

no, my rig has been booting itself up, from power off.
yesterday afternoon I uninstalled all the msi software, including riva and it did not boot itself up, makes me suspect the msi software, including riva that comes with it.

lol wtf, that's the weirdest problem I've heard. Though I never had such issue before been using it for ages lol...you have to check with Guru3D with this or MSI forum or something.

Couldn't be, because everyone is facing this problem with the latest RivaTuner Ver 6.5.0 to be exact. But of course like I said using Custom3D will fix the STEAM Overlay issue.
So I went and Google, I found the solution, it's actually STEAM's fault, not RivaTuner.

Here's the workaround.
1) Run Notepad as Admin
2) On the Notepad, Open up this Folder > C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\ProfileTemplates\Global
3) Look for the line [ Hooking ]
4) Below the line [ Hooking ] look for the command line.
InjectionDelayTriggers = IGO64.dll
5) Change it to
InjectionDelayTriggers = IGO64.dll ,GameOverlayRenderer64.dll
6) Save and you're done. But I still had to make a custom profile for Killing Floor 2 and enable Custom3D for the STEAM Overlay to work.

I just double checked and am using 6.5.0 and I honestly do not have this problem. I have no reason to lie about this :D lol. Hope you find your solution.

Back