• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about the new core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCn00b

Out of curiosity, does anybody know what the new core will be called? It may be on one of the pages about it and I just missed it, but will this still be either tinker or gromacs or something else?

OP
OCn00b

OCn00b

Well, I'm excited about the possibility of increased production but I keep checking the psummary.html page and was just wondering what I should be looking for.

OP
OCn00b

OCn00b

Hmm, I wonder why sse2 wasn't mentioned in the movie. All I remember seeing was SSE, 3DNow! and Altivec. We'll see though, I might even have to get a p4 for a folding rig once SSE2 is available for folding. Wait, I can't believe I said I would consider getting a p4, that will never happen:)

Xevuhtess7

im not really basing it off what i saw in the movie, it's just my wild imagination :)

i'd have 7 p4's ready to start sse2 action, thats why im so giddy in the slight chance of sse2 :)

Lonely Raven

If you traded with me please leave me Heatware Sen
The P4s are spanking the AMDs unfortunatly (in general use).

I'm a big fan of AMD, but when you can get a 2.4b for around $150
and an ABIT motherboard that can push 225FSB on that chip
(figuring you picked a good week) for only $85...

It will spank an AMD 2100+ even at 2500Mhz. Believe me, both
of my P4 rigs are making my AMDs fell old! LOL

scoobiedoo

Love slave to da man
The new core will be using sse, 3dnow, altivec only.

What the excitement over the new core is all bout is the code that is used....It will be coded to use all of the available sse instructions, running them more effeciently, thus creating a better performing core.

everything will be automatic and you will have to not do anything extra to get this core.

scoobiedoo