• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about the P4 bracket thing for mounting HSF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dstorrow

Registered
On my P4 system I bought one of those AVC Sunflower HSF for it. The thing came already encased in a black bracket like thing that was pushed down onto the mobo through 4 pins going throug 4 holes.

However, my mobo already had the bottom half of this black bracket in it and I could not figure out a way to get it out. So what I did was apply the ASIII on cpu and hsf, then put the CPU in, pushed lever down, put HSF on top and then had to connect the top half of the bracket and locked it down.

The problem is when I did this I had to move the HSF around and of course this smudge the ASIII layer. My idle temps are really high about 41, i just measued it with the BIOS sitting there for about 15 mins. I don think airflow is a problem, I have an intake fan in the front, cpu duct fan to get hot air off of the HSF, another exhaust fan, the PS fan, and a PCI slot fan to get heat off of my oc'd GF4.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else ever encountered this and how the hell do you get that bracket thing off..

I appreciate any help/replies you can offer.

Daniel

its a gigabyte ga-8ihxp. I think that it may not be possilbe to remove as I have tried everything. I guess I will just try to be really careful when putting it on.

Thanks for the reply by the way,
Daniel

Back