• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about UT2003 weapons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rb26dett

Disabled
Ok I know this might sound dumb, but whatever .. Ill ask it anyways.
In UT2003 there is an ION CANON weapon ... its that weapon with a laser pointer, how the hell do I use it ?? I tried everything, how do I get that ****er to work ??

Thanks.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
The Ion Painter shoots out a small beam of light. You have to keep this beam on them until it looks like it powers up. When that happens, RUN!!!

An LEO satelite locks onto the ion signature, and frys them. Biiiiiiiiig boom! :)

OP
rb26dett

rb26dett

Disabled
Ohhh ok, thanks man .. this thing drove me nuts!
So i just keep pointing it at the unit till it fires up, right ?

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
The ION cannon is basically a laser guide for the ION cannon in the satelite hovering above the map. It has to be painted somewhere the satelite can see it or it won't go off.

It has to be held on a given position for 3-4 seconds before the satelite fires and you don't have alot of time to get away from the blast.

If you have any other questions, I'm a l33t UT MASTER ;)

OP
rb26dett

rb26dett

Disabled
Ohh ok. ... cuz I had that weapon and I busted my nuts trying to figure out why doesnt the guy Im poiting the laser at wont die! haha I know why now.
I wish it was as easy to use as the Remeeder aka The Nuke, I love nukes, especially when I get Mega Kill hahaha :D