• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about water block on graphics card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those benchmarks are really CPU dependent. I would say E_D is right though, never know what background procs might be affecting the results.

If I were to do a run with all the apps I have loaded on a regular basis, I would always have huge swings in my scores, it's why when I want to feel better about my system I shut down everything I can, then my scores seem to be more stable. Instead of a variance of 2-10% it might only be 1-2%, them background procs can really hurt scores.

I think heat is the main culprit for me right now,and cant find sweet spot at 5 overclock on cpu. Heres another pic for Kenrou, i have been finally to duplicate my scores around this area. On the pic score core was 1480 and mem at 4010.

000_0198.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Could be anything... drivers, throttling on his gpu... unstable cpu.

Can't see his physics scores so, really no clue.

Can u see that last pic of mine EarthDog? See ur running 3600 mem Kenrou mine is 3400, when i try manual settings in bios score not as high, when i try XMP its higher. This score i posted is with XMP enabled at 4.9 overclock. Kenrou i would really like to see ur score on Firestrike if you can manage it sometime .

000_0200.JPG

Caught ya Kenrou. Im a noob ,found the problem. Didnt have 1 stick of memory seated :bang head . Looking cpuz and noticed it said only single channel and only 8 gigs of memory,I says hey i got 16 gigs of memory. So started investigating and found one stick of memory not seated:eek:. Now all is good thanks for you guys efforts though. You gotta understand im old now :rofl:, been a good race Kenrou glad we met, appreciate your insight to afterburner. Tnx a million.

Glad you got it sorted, good scores there :thup: your combined score is still a tad lower though, you sure the CPU is stable ?

The key is in the combined scores. If you see your GFX and PHysx are about the same as Kenrou but the combined is low. This points to instability just as others have been saying. What have you done to test your CPU overclock besides Firestrike.

My 4790K could pass 2 hours of XTU with .002v less than it takes to make it 8 hours stable, and I get random crashes at 2 hours stable. I would either bump the voltage up a little and test for 4-8 hours, or knock the multiplier down 1.

Back