• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guardianx

Registered
so basically it is distill water and a pump and a water block and a radiator...right???

what happen if i use a water temperature that is about 0 c...how do u stop it from forming dew on the cpu?? i'm jus a newbie . doesn't ur hurt the cpu if the temperature is near freezing??

Malakai

yea, condensation will kill the cpu and mobo
post what u have in mind to do to your comp
-Malakai

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
The further your water block and CPU are cooled below the ambient temperature inside your case, the greater the degree of condensation. The humidity in your PC room is a factor also. The higher the humidity, the greater the degree of condensation. You almost have to set it up, run it and see how fast condensation becomes an issue, to determine the degree of your problem. The necessary corrective actions for preventing condensation are well documented on the Web. If you go with chilled water, you will have no problem finding ideas and methods for implementing condensation preventive measures.

Hoot

Dissolved

guardianx said:
so basically it is distill water and a pump and a water block and a radiator...right???

what happen if i use a water temperature that is about 0 c...how do u stop it from forming dew on the cpu?? i'm jus a newbie . doesn't ur hurt the cpu if the temperature is near freezing??

well there are tons of info about this on the main page www.overclockers.com, scroll down to the left a lil, and click water cooling, theres a good 12hrs of info there that will blow your mind :) and help you learn some good stuff.
Welcome To the forums, and good luck on your system.