• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on K6-2 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
K6-2s have no L2 cache, thats what the K6-3 was all about!

ALSO, the K6-2+ and K6-3+ had the ENHANCED 3Dnow which is found in the Duron/Athlon processors.

OC-Master

OK I used the defoger stuff I had and got the thing running at 75mhz fsb but it will not go to 83mhz fsb?

The mobo has a jumper with no pins that makes the pci freq 32mhz, but when I defog it to do this, (no boot).

I did change the mult to 5.5 the highest it will go, and got 366mhz at 66mhz fsb.

I am going to try the fsb @ 75mhz and the multi @ 5.5 to get 412 mhz hopefully.

But if I buy a 400 mhz chip will it run at 100 fsb or 66 fsb?

Because the mobo looks to be very limited in settings, hate to spend money to find out it made no difference.

The 400s are rated for 100 but will run on 66 or 75 because they have the full whack of multipliers 3.5x 4x 4.5x 5x 5.5x 6x ... ... ... ... So there's only a recommended bus speed for these, because they're not locked.

Best setting there would be to use 75Mhz and the 6x multi (which is selected when set to 2x on most boards) and get 450 out of it which is an easy overclock on most 400s.
regards,

Road Warrior

Well I guess it's not worth getting new chip if the old one will do 400 or so. I will get her a new case and then look for a good xp for her down the road.

Thanks for the help, and the mobo is a asus made for HP only.

Back