• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on overclock discrepancy - PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX Vega 56

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

angrysquirrel

Registered
Hi Folks,

I've been testing overclocking setting with my powercolor red dragon vega 56. Been trying to get 1700 core and 950 memory. I've got both of those numbers set in Wattman. I run Heaven benchmark.

HWinfo reports I hit 1725 on core during my testing but only 666.7 mhz on memory.
Wattman reports I only hit 1682 on core during my testing but hit 950 on memory.

Who is correct and how to do make sure I'm at least hitting those numbers?

I got Hynix memory with my card. Lowered state 7 to 1100. If I go less than 1100 my card locks up and my system freezes. Thanks for you info! :)

Attachments

• wattman.jpg
    wattman.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 504
  • hwinfo.png
    hwinfo.png
    475.8 KB · Views: 479
I would tend to trust Wattman more than a third party monitoring solution. Vegas can be touchy when overclocking and tend to throttle.

I would tend to trust Wattman more than a third party monitoring solution.

I have been using strictly WattMan since I got my Radeon RX 580 installed. And IIRC, have been too with my Radeon R9 280X on my Kaveri rig.

Back