• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on Prime95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shaitan

Registered
I've never seen this question answered anywhere so I thought I'd bring it up here. So I run Prime95 to stress test my OD'c comp like everyone else. Hpwever, sometimes when I stress test with it, my comp will stay stable for a plenty long period of time. Last night for 12 hours; however the tests don't look like they are running properly. Such as there won't be as many tests per self test. And it won't get nearly through as many tests as it should after 12 hours. The question of course is, why is this happening?

Foxie3a

Normal Member
Maybe your running a stress test that takes longer than the others. There are 3 tests. the one that does your RAM, one that does your L2 cache, and a mixture of them both. One of those takes longer to do each test than the other that does them fairly quickly..

Although I dont really pay attention to P95, so I can't help much, sorry.