• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on reading the CPU temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elin27

Registered
I am currently running P3-800 cC0 (Slot 1) on Abit BE6 II and I can successfully o/c to 1008 (126x8) with my 52W Peltier on. It seems everything is rock stable but I got a question to ask. I try to read my CPU temperature and both Sisoft Sandra and MBM5.0 said my CPU temperature is 6C Degrees However when I go to PC Health Monitor (In Bios), it reads my CPU temperature is around 27C. I don't really know what temperature that I should trust? Anyone got any idea what should be my correct temperature of my CPU?? Thanks for any information!

-=Elin=-

They say that you always trust your bios temp, and if you look in MBM there is a compensation tab so you can adjust it for the difference. They have more info on their site about it.

NUTNDUN (Mar 05, 2001 03:51 p.m.):
They say that you always trust your bios temp, and if you look in MBM there is a compensation tab so you can adjust it for the difference. They have more info on their site about it.

Oh yeah... try to adjust it close to the motherboard reading temperature... Once upon a time 2 years ago i needed to do that in other pc...

Back