• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mentes

Registered
Ok I have this 170mm fan and it fits PERFECT on my heatercore. It pushes 300 CFM at the same loudness as a 120mm. Anyways, its a 24V DC...and the power connector looks too large to connect to the 4 pin connector. Im at a loss. I dont want to splice wires yet, cause I dont want to mess anything up. Is there anyway I can just convert them to able to fit. The connector is 4 pins, but they are a bit larger then the average 4 pin connectors. Anyways, Anyone know what I can do?

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
im sure you can take the wires out of the connector and some how rig them up to the yellow and black(12v) and still get a decent cfm

Cheesy Peas

find a cheap 24v ps..... running it 12v u might as well just have a 120mm, u can do 17v i think (-5v and +12v) but im not sure which wire these are, well the -5, think its on the motherboard header