• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about CUDA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
I'm getting a second 8800GTS and I'm wondering if: the 2 8800gts' can work separately for [email protected]? If so, would I get better RAC with these 2 running separately or if I should SLi it? One 8800gts OC'ed (sig below) was averaging a bit more than 1000 RAC a day. It stands to believe if both cards can be used separately I would get around 2k a day assuming BIONC doesn't run dry again.

Duner

SETI doesn't support SLI. The only way to run two cards is separately. As for your RAC, are you running 24/7?, because an 8800GTS 512MB should do over 3K.

Sir-Epix

Ok so no SLi then.

And I wasn't doing 24/7 back then.

I would also disable CPU crunching and go GPU crunching with that setup. I am getting ~10k RAC on my 260GTX in the rig in my sig. I think with 2 8800 GTXs you could get around 8k in RAC with just GPU crunching. Note give it two or three weeks before you see your RAC get that high. It may not seem like it is working at first, just check your pending RAC and that will climb first.

nzaneb

Ok so no SLi then.

And I wasn't doing 24/7 back then.

SETI doesn't support SLI. The only way to run two cards is separately.

Actually... as long as you're running the latest client and drivers, you can leave SLI enabled, and it will pick it up just fine, without dummy plugs even. I've been running mine this way for the past 2 releases... at least.

Duner

Good to hear you don't need to disable SLI when running SETI, didn't know that. What I meant though was that SETI will run 1 work unit on each GPU and will not split up work and run 1 unit on 2 GPUs.