• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions For You Comcast Users Having Connectivity Issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dorito Bandit

Any of you Comcast Internet users having frequent loss of Internet every day? I have been having an awful time with my Internet going out multiple times a day these past few months. Some days it's out all day! Browsing the Comcast support forums, I see that there are many, many others having similar issue as I am having. My modem signal levels are all out of sync. So I wonder if there is something major going on at Comcast's end? I've done all the necessary troubleshooting steps I could do, and that was recommended for me to do. I have even switched to a different DNS server but the problem still exists. I posted in their forum back in June for help with my issue, and never got a response. Finally, today I was able to get someone by way of PM to have a tech scheduled to come out this Friday. The Comcast employ says I need a tech to come out and adjust my signal levels.

I am using my own cable modem, a TP-Link TC7650 and I am connected by way of an Ethernet Cat 6a cable. I am subscribed to Blast tier Internet. My speed test results are great when Internet is working properly.

Speed Test.png

I have a few questions for you below.

1. Anyone else having similar issues?

2. If you had similar issues as I described and had the problem fixed, what did you or Comcast have to do to fix it?

3. Do you own the cable modem, or is it a rental from Comcast?

4. Did they charge you for the tech visit?

I am very interested to see what you all have to say.

Thanks

Last edited:
1. Other people's issue may not have anything to do with you. :)
2. See above. Just get that tech out to check YOUR levels.
3. I dont have comcast, but yes i own the modem and router.
4. They typically do not charge (you needed to ask this in the phone bud... bjt sure yoy are ok)

Chances are something is borked from tbe tap to your house. A technician will test and figure it out.

1. Other people's issue may not have anything to do with you. :)
2. See above. Just get that tech out to check YOUR levels.
3. I dont have comcast, but yes i own the modem and router.
4. They typically do not charge (you needed to ask this in the phone bud... bjt sure yoy are ok)

Chances are something is borked from tbe tap to your house. A technician will test and figure it out.

Hey bud, hope all is well. Yeah, I have a tech coming out tomorrow, hopefully this very annoying issue gets fixed. This is just crazy!

:cheers:

You live in a prewired or non-prewired home? post a picture of your wiring outside. signal levels may be fine, but its also the way the cabling is done

Long story short, me and my brother and law have worked in cable/satellite tv and have had to almost always put in service loops, replace cables, redo lines, etc.

Back