• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions regarding the 5820k and ASUS X99 Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuRgLaR

Thinking of doing a 5820k build on an Asus X99 Deluxe mobo.

Any of you guys running this sort of setup and how is the performance with multitasking, gaming and OC ability.

tachi1247

I'm running a 5820 on the ASUS X99/A 3.1 and I'm pretty happy with it so far. The 5820 isn't going to be the best bang for your buck gaming wise, but it is a great processor if you will be able to utilize the extra cores. Multitasking is as good as anything else out there and it OCs as well as anything else intel is making right now.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Board wouldn't matter, but, seeing as how it it has more cores than 4790K/6700K, if you are able to use more cores, it would be as good or better. There are performance metrics on our front page (reviews) and all over the web otherwise. :)

My 5820K does 4.2Ghz at less than 1.2V. YMMV as usual.

That said, I do not see a point in buying such an expensive motherboard unless you actually require some of the features it offers...

OP
BuRgLaR

BuRgLaR

Board wouldn't matter, but, seeing as how it it has more cores than 4790K/6700K, if you are able to use more cores, it would be as good or better. There are performance metrics on our front page (reviews) and all over the web otherwise. :)

My 5820K does 4.2Ghz at less than 1.2V. YMMV as usual.

That said, I do not see a point in buying such an expensive motherboard unless you actually require some of the features it offers...

I love the way that board looks but I'm wondering if a $400 board is really work that price premium with the features it has.

I'm just wanting to get away from AMD is the problem

Don't get me wrong I love my FX and it's given me plenty of great service but it's badly holding me back especially with a dual card setup.

DaveB

I love the way that board looks but I'm wondering if a $400 board is really work that price premium with the features it has.
I have my i7 5820K running at 4.3 GHz on a cheap Gigabyte X99 UD3P motherboard. I sells for $149 at Microcenter but I picked up an open box for $89 with a $20 rebate, so $69 if I send in the rebate. Totally stable, the entire effort required for the OC was one setting in the BIOS - Selected CPU Upgrade, and clicked on i7 582K 4.3 GHz. No need to spend big bucks on a motherboard for X99 or Skylake for that matter. It looks great, black with narrow yellow LED lighting with matching black EVGA RAM and that nice MSI GTX 980 TI I picked up from EarthDog (Thanks again!).

mimart7

I'm running a 5930k with the Asrock Extreme 4. Get the Asrock board, no need to buy a motherboard based on looks, imo.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
You can buy one based on looks...a lot do. However, there are many similar looking boards that will work just fine for the OP for less. ;)

Joe88

I have my i7 5820K running at 4.3 GHz on a cheap Gigabyte X99 UD3P motherboard. I sells for $149 at Microcenter but I picked up an open box for $89 with a $20 rebate, so $69 if I send in the rebate. Totally stable, the entire effort required for the OC was one setting in the BIOS - Selected CPU Upgrade, and clicked on i7 582K 4.3 GHz. No need to spend big bucks on a motherboard for X99 or Skylake for that matter. It looks great, black with narrow yellow LED lighting with matching black EVGA RAM and that nice MSI GTX 980 TI I picked up from EarthDog (Thanks again!).
slighty off topic
I have the same board running the F2C beta bios (F2B has a glitch where overclocks are reset when you put the pc to sleep)
When I put the pc to sleep it wakes up right after and shows the post screen, as if the mobo crashed right after it entered sleep mode
you can resume windows (I have hybrid sleep so crashes, power loss, and such you can just resume your session)

Is yours doing this?