• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions regarding X-FI Sound Blaster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ree

Registered
I have a couple of questions regarding a PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro sound card running on Win XP Pro SP3 x86:

1. What additional features does Creative Console Launcher have compared to the creative audio control panel that is installed with the driver automatically? It seems that the panel has all the main settings available. Why would anyone want to use the "console launcher" (funny name for such an app) instead?
2. In the Windows audio control panel under the MIDI device, I have two X-Fi synth options to choose from: SB X-Fi Synth A and SB X-Fi Synth B. Is there a difference whether A or B is selected?

I can answer part one. Really the Console Launcher is a better GUI. It has the same options that the Control Panel does it just looks better is laid out differently and is more than just some drop down menus. I used to use it, but once I figured out what settings I use ... I haven't gone back to it.

Not necessary, but doesn't hurt.

For #2, and if i remember correctly, windows is finding several different modes that the card can produce, as in analog, digital, etc. My vista finds my sound blaster as 3 settings. I've chosen the first, and it seems to work just fine.

I may be wrong, and I haven't tried all 3 of mine, but I don't think there should be a huge difference, unless someone knows 100%.

Back