• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magick_man

Forum Magician
1: i am gonna build a shroud for the hc i have on the way (danger den dual hc) and i was wondering how tall should i make it?, i mean the dist from the hc to the fans?
2: i dont know what fluid to use in my computer, i have a maze 4 with the lucite top and a 170watt pelt.
i dont want any build up in my tubes but i also want to use a dark blue coloring in the water.
so the question is what water/additives to put in it, and what kind of dye/coloring would be good to use that comes in blue preferably bark blue?

i am sorry if this is alot, but i dont know and i need all of your experience on what to use.

~Magick_Man~

well i was just wondering what kind of water and additive i should use and i just said i had the pelt bc i have heard that simetimes with a pelt things are a little different than with no pelt.

~Magick_Man~

Unless you are chilling your watter, you don't need to worry about anything special for the pelt. If you have Acrylic tops on your blocks then don't add alchohol it will cause them to crack. There have been huge discusions on water aditives. Here are some ideas
distilled watter
10% antifreeze and 90% watter (or other combo of percent)

As for the dark blue color, go to an auto store. There is a colant that is darkblue. I saw one of the members in here using it. I will look for the post for you. Good luck

There is a VW antifreeze that is blue. There is also a blue antifreeze made for big diesel engines made by Fleetguard. I can give you the part numbers on the Fleetguard stuff if you are interested.

yes thank you both very much, if you dont mind please post any info on them you have and tomorrow i will try to check it out.
since my dad owns an auto repair shop i should be able to find any of them and i will try to ckeck around at all the auto supply stores and get them if i can find them.

and thanks again, ~Magick_Man~

cool my stuff arrived today and i also called around and found the vw blue antifreeze.
it is pretty sweet but i am stuck until my big 'ol' box of fans arrives
since i have no fans for the hc i cant use the pelt very long until the water heats up :(
but the fans should get here sometime next week and then i will install it and get some pics, it looks pretty sweet so far
and thanks again to ZachM for the tip on the vw antifreeze.

~Magick_Man~

Senater_Cache said:
1. 1.5"-2.5" IMO more is better.
2. Distilled water. The less other additives the better the performance. (I dont know about TEC though)

SenC.

:thup:

use dye that is made for watercooling if you really care about color

or investiagate pentosin (google) but I don't htink that's the shade you're going for

<edit>

what the heck, only the first two posts showed up

sorry for the second post on pentosin

don't mix more than 10% to 90% water, pumping will suffer

Back