• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Asus a7v333 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich_T

I've just look on my asus a7v333 mobo and it's rev 1.4, I havent had any problems but are there any known to this type?

Thanks

Rich_T

jboy

Just found out the 1/5 divisor doesn't work on these early boards. Check in SisSandra whether your AGP and PCI busses arre clocked down when you pass 166FSB ?

OP
Rich_T

Rich_T

Hmm, hope my board is ok. What revision does the a7v333 go upto anyway.

Also does the a7v333 support E-IDE?

thanks

Rich_T

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
jboy said:
Just found out the 1/5 divisor doesn't work on these early boards. Check in SisSandra whether your AGP and PCI busses arre clocked down when you pass 166FSB ?

For all its positive attributes, Sandra is not the end-all Mainboard information authority. It does not always get things right. If you can run at some reduced multiplier and 166FSB, chances are your 1/5 divisor is working, regardless of what Sandra says. I just built a rig up for my Niece and am using an A7V333 Rev 1.02 board. I am running an XP1600 at 10x166. Under the latest revision of Sandra, it claims my PCI and AGP buses are way above what I know they are not capable of running at.

Hoot