• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Comparrison

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jenume

I know you guys hear alot of this, but maybe you guys can help me out.

Im trying to decide on which board to buy:
DFI "LANPARTY PRO875B" i875P Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU -RETAIL

OR

DFI "LANPARTY 865PE" i865PE Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU -RETAIL

Im not interested in the Firewire on even on the price. I mainly wanted for performance and also Overclocking capabilites. Price is not an obstacle either, i just want plain and simple overclocking capabilities....I'm also a gamer, so Graphic "improvement" is also a most.

Thanks.

magick_man

Forum Magician
i personally have the LANPARTY PRO 875b Rev. B and i love it.
but if you decide to get it just make sure to update it to the latest bios,
it contains a fix for the temp readings (they read high on my board by about 9°c until i got the latest bios)
i O/C'ed my 2.4c to 3.2 at stock voltage (i believe my ram is holding me back)

~Magick_Man~

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
No question you should go for the canterwood chipset if you have the cash. I just need to find a volt mod for this board...but few seem to have it..

arklab

I definately stick to the 875 boards. Sometimes quality/price does payoff, and this is one of those.

Just a month ago I borowed and tried the top 875 boards from Gigabyte, Asus, and DFI (rev A, though) to test out some odd (but good) DDR-500 ram (tiny-bga by Kingmax - great stuff).

The DFI was the clear winner when OCing.

Just thought you might like to know.