• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Laptop question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

hey guys, I am buying a laptop and was wondering if u guys think its better to get a UXGA or SXGA+ screen? Like im getting a p4 mobil 2ghz or 1.8(I still cant decide can someone help me out?) and want to know which screen is better. like I kno UXGA is higher qual, but doesnt it cause ur machine to preforme slower .. like wont I get less fps's in games than if i went with an WSXGA+? thanks guys!

OP
R

raventy

lol whoops.. sorry about that.. I was searchin and thought I had it in another section when posting.. well if a MOD could move it, it would be apprciated along with any answers to my q. thanks!

Cyrix_2k

You need to list a price ;)

Well to answer your question, the UXGA screen is "better" and will display have a higher IQ. The SXGA will give you more FPS because not as many pixels need to be calculated, but the picture won't look as nice as it would on an UXGA screen.

OP
R

raventy

well its like 200+ from xga and 100+ from sxga+.. a random question: do u guys know how well a NVIDIA® Quadro FX Go1000™ graphics card preforms VS a GeForce 5060 GO? I mean I know those quadro cards are more designed for CAD work, but how well do they preform in games? I havent seen any listed on Futuremarks site...

Cyrix_2k

raventy said:
well its like 200+ from xga and 100+ from sxga+.. a random question: do u guys know how well a NVIDIA® Quadro FX Go1000™ graphics card preforms VS a GeForce 5060 GO? I mean I know those quadro cards are more designed for CAD work, but how well do they preform in games? I havent seen any listed on Futuremarks site...
I have no idea how those "cards" perform... But I would upgrade to the UXGA screen if I were you.