• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QUICK! Lego Mac for sale in Great Britain!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eh?

whooping_a_panda said:

may i ask why? simply because its a mac does not make it worthless. I thought it was a pretty cool mod
No. Its worthless. Not only because its a MAC (but that doesn't help) But because its *** old and *** slow. Not to metion $450 american dollars. I could go buy a big box of legor for like 40 bucks and build my own.

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
drdingo21 said:
No. Its worthless. Not only because its a MAC (but that doesn't help) But because its *** old and *** slow. Not to metion $450 american dollars. I could go buy a big box of legor for like 40 bucks and build my own.

i never said it wasnt overpriced, but keep in mind bidding started at 1 lb and its fleabay. yes it is old and slow at 100 mhz. Its someone selling the creativity of a mod and thats all it is. How many lego cases do you see in alt modding? how many people laugh when someone puts a window in their case? how much more does a antec/chieftec case cost with the inclusion of a 5 dollar piece of plexiglass? and you can still run marathon on that bugger quite nicely.

As far as buying a box of legos for 40 dollars goes you havnt bought legos in a while have you, they must use plastic coated gold for the way prices work for 'em.

modenaf1

Silversinksam said:
Moved from Cyber deals for one very good reason:

Not a cyber deal

:rolleyes:

lol!!!!

it was in cyber deals. he he

mbigna, you must think highly of this mac. i could just take a bunch of mac stuff, buy a bucket of legos, and it would NOT be the only one in the world.

maxvla, i think it is worth more than 10 cents. if it was only 10 cents, id buy it, throw away the mac stuff, and play with the legos. j/k

OP
M

mbigna

modenaf1 said:
lol!!!!

it was in cyber deals. he he

mbigna, you must think highly of this mac. i could just take a bunch of mac stuff, buy a bucket of legos, and it would NOT be the only one in the world.

maxvla, i think it is worth more than 10 cents. if it was only 10 cents, id buy it, throw away the mac stuff, and play with the legos. j/k

Ouch, ouch! The BURNING!!!!! :mad: I'm in FLAMES!!!

Ok. Well, maybe it wasn't much of a deal IN YOUR OPINION(s). [...and we all know about opinions, right?] But SOMEONE might have wanted to get in a bid (there were 19 hrs left when I first posted this).

If anything, this could/should have been moved to alternative modding. Sheesh, cut me a little slack here... :rolleyes:

modenaf1

mbigna said:

Ouch, ouch! The BURNING!!!!! :mad: I'm in FLAMES!!!

Ok. Well, maybe it wasn't much of a deal IN YOUR OPINION(s). [...and we all know about opinions, right?] But SOMEONE might have wanted to get in a bid (there were 19 hrs left when I first posted this).

If anything, this could/should have been moved to alternative modding. Sheesh, cut me a little slack here... :rolleyes:

sorry, I might have sounded a bit harsh. I guess your right, in my opinion it isnt a deal at all but, i can very well see how it could be a big deal. but really, you could make one like that yourself.

[straying off topic] I might consider making my next pc out of legos [/end stray off topic]

OP
M

mbigna

No apology necessary, modenaf1. I was trying to be a bit tongue in cheek there. Heck, I wasn't all that impressed with it, either. This was another one of those items that could have gone in any one of several categories, and I decided that since it was on sale, try cyber-deals first--at least while it was still live. Actually, when I posted it, it was about half the price it is now (well, last I checked--WOW, it's up to $600 US now), OK, one THIRD of the price it is now...

I'm not one to get bent out of shape over a little (in this case, well deserved) ribbing.

However, there's still 9 hours left to get your bid in!!!

ccb056

if its made entirely out of legos, how did they calculate the cpu speed and stuff?

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
nah, you can still pick up 100 mhz mac lappys for 50 bucks on ebay, almost got one a while ago too, needed something to replace my 386 black and white dell lappy with a broken screen (doesnt stay vertical, lol)

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
hmm...
*mbentley goes upstairs to find his legos*

i think it's time to get a 486 and turn it into a lego computer :)
i knew i kept those suckers around for something ;)

i can't agree more with you people who say it's worthless... any 6 year old could make the lego case part :rolleyes: and it is not even a decent speed computer!