• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iceman

Registered
Hi guys--

I'm looking for everybody's opinion as to which video card has the best TV-OUT display. The system in my sig is the first one i've ever built, and it's gonna be used mainly for gaming(and entry level oc'ing to start). I got a 32" tv in the basement i didn't use much, but recently turned the basement into an entertainment room so might as well use it. Even after all the reading i've done on vid cards, i'm still a HUGE ignoramus on the subject. Plus, since i've never had one before, i need your eyes to tell me how good the TV-OUT display is on a card. Thanks very much in advance for all your help-----

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Radeon VIVO or Radeon All In Wonder (don't know anything about the AIW, though) are good choices.

I have a VIVO and think it is great when running out to a TV for DVD playback.

My GeForce 3 kicks all forms of *** in gaming though. It has TV out I haven't tried yet...

jeff_harrison_344

Well I would have to say that the Radeon AIW would have to have the best TV Out and MANY more amazing features. And from what I have heard, it isnt all that bad at gaming either.

Pinky

That depends on what you will runnig on the TV out. I would say the Matrox has the best overall video output, but if you do any gaming, you will have to go with the Radeon. Steer clear of the geforce cards, I have only seen issues with the TV out on them.

Rav

I have a Radeon 64 VIVO also, and I have to say that the S-Video out is INCREDIBLE. Some of the newer drivers include a lot of new features for the video outs like increased sharpness and flicker control and different modes for static (web, word) and moving (DVD, games). Its also a great card for gaming, just make sure you get a retail (183/183) version, which also OC's well. I beleive AIW's are only of the 32mb variety at this point.

-Rav

Blue Jester_2112

Radeon 64 with VIVO or Radeon All in Wonder.
I'd suggest you research these 2 and choose the one with the features you want.

Daedalus

Registered
nooooooooooooooooooo
radeons are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

get geforce 2 pro at least

Blue Jester_2112

Daedalus (Jul 21, 2001 09:55 p.m.):
nooooooooooooooooooo
radeons are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

get geforce 2 pro at least

Why do you say that? I have a Radeon 32ddr and it moves faster than poop through a goose? (I don't know what that means exactly but a friend of mine says it.) I've had a Geforce GTS, and while it was a very nice card I can't see much of a difference except the Radeon had better DVD playback.