• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick question....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

james.miller

why do i get severe lagging in certain games? especially quake3.
i can be running along at 200fps but it still lags like a b***h.

why,o why????

OP
james.miller

james.miller

yeah. i dont know why but its just certain games. could be limited to openGL games - i know theres some sort of problem with openGL - but i'm not entirely sure yet.

it just lags so badly unless i force vsync which isnt good enough because im then stuck at like 75fps.

my gf4 had an option where you could limit the number of frames the card rendered ahead which fixed the lagging problem with games, but my r9500 has no such option. its annoying the hell out of me - its so bad i cant even play quake3 at the moment.

1-Man-Army

hmmm i been hearing alot of prblems with 9500 with games this week dont no if its sum glitch might be sum configurations have u tried lowering sum stuff aa and af etc res in the game?

OP
james.miller

james.miller

yeah ive tried just about everything. its as if my graphics card is running ahead of the rest of the system, rendering frames too quickly everything else is suffering as a result (exactly what the "render ahead limit" option on my gf4 delt with).

turning detail down would seem to make it worse.

its just so frustrating........

Damian

What's wrong with turning on vsync if you won't be able to see the extra frames anyway? As far as I can tell, that's exactly the same as limiting the fps by other means...

OP
james.miller

james.miller

because i dont wanna be playing at 75fps, as i said in my post above. Please dont tell me how you cant notice the difference. I'm not here to debate that.
This is a problem, and i want to solve it. Plain and simple.