• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cjwinnit

B&
Been out of the loop for a while since my days of permanent internet died. Might be getting back into it though. Questions:

What does a 2 Ghz P4 get in PPW nowadays?
Ditto for a 3.8 Ghz Prescott?

Any Hypertheading clients yet?

veryhumid

I think NT/dual processor/dual core clients are in the work. the problem is that they will have to modify all the folding cores, so i wouldn't hold your breath. As for PPD/PPW, With a single QMD, that presscott could probably get up to 500PPD with tight memory and a little overclock. I'm not sure about the 2GHz, is that the williamette core? probably 100-200 ppd, but that's a big guess.

ChasR

On QMDs, doing nothing but folding you should expect 270 ppd out of the P4 2.0 and about 590 ppd out of the prescot @ 3.8, assuming tight ram timings and 550 on loose timings. You must report >504 MB of available ram to the assignment server and have -advmethods and bigpackets turned on. Just run one instance on the prescot.