• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quickest way to tell a dead core.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toysrme

Don't know if anyone ever went over this, but thought of it while writing my last post...

If you sniff the CPU and smell burnt silicon!

Don't worry about having smelled it before, you'll know it when you smell it!

Also don't worry about it going away... If you put it in an Acetone bath and sniff it 4 weeks later... Well, you'll be on the floor blowing snot bubbles out your nose! However once you wake up, you'll remember the aroma underneath the acetone smell... Yes... I have done this LoL! (Hopefully not the laying on the ground blowing snot bubbles while high from acetone, but I do remember loosing a day between now and then...)

What on earth!?!?!?!?!?

so you get high on a burnt out cpu soaked in acetone, and the burnt smell will be hard coded in your brain if you blow snot bubbles everywhere while unconsiouse!!!?!?!?!?!?

hahahahaa!! @ modenaf1.

have you ever smelt a burnt out chip? its really does smell bad and its a sure sign of a fried cpu, but not a dead core, they can die other ways, not just being burnt out.

Back