• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mils128

Ok guys, i am really getting tired of my computers noice, i did air cooling to many fans too loud, did watercooling still too loud.. so i am shootn' to either cool m stuff passivly or get a really quiet air cooling system. my case at the moment is only good for watercooling its huge and its steel. i am looking for a quiet case, quiet fans, quiet heatsink, and something to make it even more quiet. basiclly the only sound i want to hear is that of my Hard Drive. i am looking for suggestions and because i am only looking for an air cooling system (no oc) lets shoot for a budget of about 500 or less. my specs are in my sig.

I built my dad an almsot silent PC with an Antec Sonata, XP-120 and really quiet fans, but than you do end up running into the issue of quiet vs overclock, because in most cases you have to choose one or the other

have you thought of getting away from the P4 arch? the A64 would offer much quieter operation, and the P-M would be dead silent. The P-M is also a very good overclocker, so you get performance and silence. It costs abit more because the motherboards are expensive but if silence is required there is no better way without sacraficing perforamance.

I'm thinking of going Pentium M. My laptop rocks, and it is an M (of course its quiet though!) My desktop P4 2.6 is so dang loud even with the Antec Sonata case I have (too loud for me anyway)

Quiet or silent? If you can get away with quiet, use good 120mm fans and a good heatsink. But silent needs more drastic measures.

i did have an a64 but its no better then my p4, what kind of fans would you suggest i get?, and what kind of fan controller. as for everything else, i want near silent as in only sound i hear is my Hard drive spinning. i am currently not overclocking and don't plan to so i need parts and supplys that allow me to run my day to day operations. i am not looking for a processor upgrade or anything so...

Thanks for your help

Panflo L1A, no need for a fan controler for them, and if you want to quiet down your HD either seal it in a plastic container or get a samsung spinpoint 160 as they are very quiet.

... As i said get an antec P180 and a passive heatsink on the processor. You can get a passive sink for your vid card or something like the thermalright v1 ultra which uses a huge fan. Maybe even get a passively cooled powersupply and worry not about noise.

I just bought a bunch of Panaflo L1A's for my system, and at 7v, they are completly silent. Processor is running 41c load (freezer64 w/92mm L1A) at the overclock in my signature, with a room temperature of about 24c. I am just trying to find a way to fit the massively thick 120mm x 35mm between my hard drives and the front of my case.

If you want quiet, I suggest getting an Athlon64. :sn:

ok looking at one of the systems with the silence material pre installed, and looking at some fans, i have a fan controller that can handle some wattage but not my deltas. so please recommend some good 120mm Fans, low noise. i have looked at the Antec Sonata II with the silencer material and it is 200 which is way out of my price range for a case, even though i boutght my current case for 400, came with HC, Pump, Fans the works. i like the P180, nice look and everything but does it have any real airflow? found it for a nice 108 dollers too. my PSU is staying with my PC Power and Cooling, best PSU i have ever bought. maybe switch the fan or something, anyone know the difficulty level of this. i like these Nexus RealSilent Fans, but at 15 bux a pop, ones i found they don't eally impress me.

So i guess the P180 will do me good, now i need to know of a hard drive encloser that will fit in it. i also need some info on the fans. i looked at the Sythe Shogun and am really looking for a smaller cooler. i do not want to put too much wight on my motherboard. any other suggestions for that?

as for the pnaflows they only come in 80m and i am really going for 120 here, they move more air with less sound.

Cooling question...Cooling section.
Moved. Please try to remember to post in the correct section for next time.
:)

Thanks,

Matt

I am sorry for posting in the wrong forums,

As for the panflo's, can you see if you can find them with the three pin connector.

ok subtotal right now is 200, now i am looking for a quiet rather small, not huge air cooler that can run on low for my P4

Back