• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quietest 80mm quality fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Calavera

I'm trying to make my comp really quiet. I was thinking of replacing the 80mm fans in my case with more quiet ones.

I don't have a clue when it comes to fans so help me out here please. =)

I need recommendations on what's good and where to buy them. thanx

I have just finished making rig#2 in my sig silent. I am using Papst 8412 NGL 80mm fan (4 pin) (FG-003-PA) fans in my psu and on my heatsink.

Specs :
Sintec Sleave Bearing for ultra-quiet operation
CFM = 19.4cfm
RPM = 1500
dBA = 12
Dimensions = 80x80x25

These things dont make a sound I was amazed! I got them from www.overclockers.co.uk.

I am sure a quick google search will turn something up I put the model name/number there so you could check it out :D

Search no more...
Vantec stealth fans ;)
and cheap cheap to :)
www.bestbyte.net
I just have 5 of them :D
1-top
1-side
2-back
1-front
plus cpu fan with 60mm to 80mm adapter all bought @ that store
They have the best prices in the US for cooling stuff!!!!!
i can't hear my computer anymore.
I actually fell asleep in my room this week with the rig on,
and earlier today i powered if off accidently thinking it wasn't on.
and it was in standby mode :p
i'll get used to it beleive me
:beer:
cheers

By the way ...
U did say quality right???
How is lifetime warranty for ur *** :p
:eek: Thats what i said
peace!

Check Svcompucycle for some great deals on fans. I do tons of business with them, and they are great. And BestByte.net ain't bad either.

Just shopped at Bestbyte... they had alot of quiet fans. Nothing with an amazing cfm to noise ratio though. I think that 12dBA from UK beats anything they've got... But they did have something like a 21cfm 19dBA for a couple bucks. I think it had balls too (hehe. I mean ballbearing of course)

nightowl said:
I have just finished making rig#2 in my sig silent. I am using Papst 8412 NGL 80mm fan (4 pin) (FG-003-PA) fans in my psu and on my heatsink.

Specs :
CFM = 19.4cfm
RPM = 1500
dBA = 12
Dimensions = 80x80x25

These things dont make a sound I was amazed! I got them from www.overclockers.co.uk.

if you want quiet, do NOT go with sleave bearings. they're quiet for a little while then get louder as they wear out. go with ball bearings

I've been using 80mm CoolerMaster fans in my system for a number of months now, and they work great. I even use 3 of them to cool my heater core. I also have 2 intakes and 2 exhaust fans.

They are dual ball bearing fans with part number SAF-B82. Here are the other specs....

80 x 80 x 25
Rated Voltage - 12v
Input current - .15A
2500RPM
26dB
Input power - 1.80W

nightowl said:

Specs :
CFM = 19.4cfm
RPM = 1500
dBA = 12
Dimensions = 80x80x25

Cus I'm big on quiet and AX-7s are getting cheaper, I just wondered what kind of temps you get with that fan?

Back