• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R.I.P. Logitech Z-560's -- Need new speakers, suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morbid

Nitpicker
Hey all... thanks for looking.

It appears I have killed my sub on my Z-560's. I accidentally kicked the wires from the speakers leading into the sub and heard a rather loud pop. The sub worked fine for a few days after that... until, yet again, I kicked those same wires. Bam. Nothing... I can listen to music through the 4 other speakers.. but no bass what so ever. :mad:

So, I took it all apart, made sure everything was hooked up right. I let the amp cool down to room temperature and ... nothing. I noticed on the back it said "Unplug power before connecting speakers!". Well, I think hitting the wires while it was on had about the same effect. :(

So, now i'm looking for some new speakers. I was thinking either another set of Z-560's or something from Klipsch. I'm open to all other suggestions though. Really don't want to go over the $200 line. Thanks in advance :)

[EDIT] Omg! I just seen the Logitech Z-680's... all I can say is : DROOL!!! :p [/EDIT]

Xevuhtess7

z680? what the heck? do you have a review or pic or sumtin? im an owner of a set of z560's... sorry to hear about your mishap. i think you should just get another set of z560's... they're just too dam good for the price you'd pay.

RobStyle

I have had the same problem with that crappy connection on the z560's.
That damn cable comes off at least twice a month or so and their is that annoying loud "POP"! I know to turn my speakers off before jiggling the cable back on though.
Its an obvious design flaw that I pray is gone from the newer models.

cwb27

Man, I'd sell my soul for those speakers....

EDIT. Check out the Creative 5700s, there not as powerful as the Logitechs (you'll be hard pressed to find any computer system that has that much power) but they have a remote along with DTS and Dolby decoding.

Last edited:

Xevuhtess7

all i can say to those speakers is..... wow......... i wonder how much they'll sell for. my parents would kill me if i replaced my z560's so soon (just got them 3 months ago). mabye ill have some sort of "accident" where i kicked the cable or sumtin.... :-D

madrig

Registered
PC speakers are weak!

i use a dolby home theater reciever with my own home-built speakers... also connect it up to my PS2 (dont forget DVD's) and my TV... i use 1 set of speakers for everything! So i only have to buy 1 set of really good speakers rather than 3 seperate sets for everything i own!

Long live my 12" Kicker Solobaric subwoofer!!!!!!

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
41_large.jpg

madrig said:
PC speakers are weak!

i use a dolby home theater reciever with my own home-built speakers... also connect it up to my PS2 (dont forget DVD's) and my TV... i use 1 set of speakers for everything! So i only have to buy 1 set of really good speakers rather than 3 seperate sets for everything i own!

Long live my 12" Kicker Solobaric subwoofer!!!!!!

The Klipsch Promedia are pretty decent and at $149 for the 4.1's is a great deal, I paid that for my 2.1's

http://store.klipsch.com/details.asp?prodID=35

headspecials.jpg