• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R360 Core on 9800P?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NaNoBLaZe01

My card looks a lot like this:
256mb_new_small.jpg

which is identified as a moddable card... except with Sapphire on the metal part (yes i have Hynix memory)

However, ATITool says its R350... of course I wanna be 100% sure :)
Any other ways to check? I heard pulling off the fan and checking the core would work... but im scared I would break it somehow..

You will have to take off the heatsink to be 100% sure. But if you just go slow with some needle nose pliers, you can take that heatsink off by compressing the sides of the black clips and then pressing it through. If you are really freaked out about taking off the heatsink and scratching something, you can cover the clips with electrical tape and then do the needle nose plier trick. Just still go slow and you will be fine. It does take alittle force to push it completely through though.

couldn't i just do this with my hands? and it will go right back on right... i wouldn't have to stick it together using something, correct? lol sorry im kinda clueless

It will go back on yes. you just push the pins back through the holes. The sink is not held on by any type of thermal adhesive. I would recommend replacing the stock goo with some AS5 or or some other high quality thermal paste.

J.

anyway i found out my card was a R360. i dumped the bios using atitool and opened it using some editor and it said it was a "radeon 9800 pro r360 hynix" or something like that. im gonna take off the heatsink too once i get the AS5. i flashed to XT and current temp is at 69deg. on 433/387, if i go any farther atitool picks up some artifacts

Back