• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Racing Games - - -

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Modfather

Registered
Heyas....

Hoping I can get some help here -

I am a racing fanatic - I love to watch and I love to play! My current list of games include Nascar 1,2,3,& 4, Viper Racing, Sports Car GT, Leadfoot, 4x4 Evolution 1 & 2, and my personal favorite, Monster Truck Madness 2.

My question is this: What are some new racing games out n about?

I like games that are semi-realistic (like 4x4 evo) to full on simulations (Nascar).

If anyone has played any new racing games, and they ROCK, please let me know ASAP - The wife is gone for the weekend, and she left ME the checkbook! w000t!!!

Murgen

Registered
I liked motor city online, just because of its customized aspect of the game. I had a 69 Dodge Charger that would run high 9's . And yes I know it was a F&TF copy.

OP
The Modfather

The Modfather

Registered
Randy said:
This is not a new one it's been out for a year or so, it's my favorite racing game.
Dirt Track Racing-Sprint cars. You can check it out at
http://www.ratbaggames.com/index_no.html

Randy

AHhh.....Beatuiful!! I used to LOVE to go to the 1/4 mile track by my house when I was a kid. Gawd, I haven't been to sprint car races in a LONG time.

I think this is one game I am going to add to my collection!

Thanks!

eobard

Give me a break Senior
FreezDriedHell said:
wada about the need for seed seiries. especially the latter ones like 5

Assuming you mean Need for Speed I've got 2-5. #2 is way obsolete but if you can pick it up from a discount bin for $5 it might be worth it just for something to do. #3 was good, #4 is tough. I unlocked all the options of #2 and #3 but only got about half the bonus cars from #4. #5 is kind of one step forward, one step back. The appearance is better (except the trees) and the visual flow is nicer than 4 but you're limited to only one manufacturer of cars. I hope #6 has (if there ever is a #6) the look of #5 but the options of #4.

Randy

The Modfather said:

AHhh.....Beatuiful!! I used to LOVE to go to the 1/4 mile track by my house when I was a kid. Gawd, I haven't been to sprint car races in a LONG time.

I think this is one game I am going to add to my collection!

Thanks!

Computers and overclocking is my second love Sprint Car Racing is my first. On Saturday night's April thru September my second home is a Little 3/10 mile bull ring called Skagit Speedway where I have raced since 1992. Due to a heart attack I'm now going to be doing it vicariously through my Daughter who I've turned over the driving chores to starting this season. I build the motors and the cars, do the painting and lettering and turn the wrenches in the shop and at the track and now she'll be doing the driving. So the closest thing I get to Driving myself is Ratbags Sprint Car racing.
Glad I could turn someone else on to it :D
Randy

TUK101

Try Motocross Madness 2. I think that it is one of the all around best "racing" games out there. It is pretty close to being realistic, and the game physics are done up pretty good too. I have the sidewinder freestyle pro game pad and that also adds to the realness of the game. If you are into all types of racing games, try it out. I think that you can still dl the demo to it on the microsoft gaming zone.

-=HN=- Wild9

Hands Down best realistic, most in depth racing game ever, has to be Grand Turismo 3 A-spec for the ps2, i just bought a ps2 the other day and got that game, i have been a fan of GT1 and GT2 so this game is just unreal, beautiful graphics, great soundtrack, i have played for over 15 hours and have only completed like 11 % of the entire game. the only downside is, it is only on the ps2.

TUK101

Yeah, I agree with the post that says that Grand Turismo is the best racing game of all time. That series is just flat out awesome. I completed both 1 and 2 on the original playstation and that took some serious dedication. I wish that they would come out with either that game, or an equel to it for the PC. I would like to see that game on a computer monitor running in 32 bit with the details turned up.

BionicAUS

Mercedes Truck Racing is a pretty good game but the most realistic car game that I have ever played would be Grand Prix Legends. It has the old cars so no down force what so ever.

Or the Drag Racing ims like NHRA Drag racing or NHRA Import drag Racing../

FerrariF50

Mercedes Truck raceing is no new game.... It's not comeing out in the Us. because no truck raceing is here... plus people like that nascar junk....

Cowboy X

I have :

Colin Mcrae 2
Need for Speed 2 SE
Need for Speed 3
Need for Speed 4
Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed
Rally championship 2000
Rally Masters
Sports Car GT ( yecch , barf )

I intend to get Colin Mcrae 3 this week :)
Also to get some game called rally extreme ? ( borrowing )

All I need now is the Act labsForce RS wheel with 7 speed stick and clutch pedals :) :)

shackioe

Registered
RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP EXTREME PC

if u can get hold of rally championship extreme GET IT its an excellent game, need a good system though to appreciate it.

OP
The Modfather

The Modfather

Registered
Well, I went out and spent some money the other day...hehehehe

Here is what I got:

Rally Championship 2
NASCAR 2002
Dirt Track Racing: Sprint Cars
Colin McRae Rally 2
and from the bargain bin ($6.00 ea) 2 drag racing games

I shall be busy for a while!!!!