• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rad Mounting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tical

I have a Lian Li PC-65 & have modded it to fit a D-TEK Pro Rad, but am unsure how I should mount it. Suggestions guys?

What I do when I build custom cores is to solder two brass thumb nuts to the bottom water tank on the core. If your planning on place the core to pull air in from the front of the case I position the core/shroud/fan and use the fan four holes to mount to the front of the case. I then use rubber washers placed below the thumb nuts to insulate the core from the metal on the bottom of the case and use machine screws through the bottom of the case. This gives the core/shroud/fan two achor points.

i would go with dodge's method, but if you are lazy like me what i did was take two big zipties and wrapped them around the heatercore and attached them to the front of the case king of in a sideways "U" around the heatercore. It worked pretty well, but didn't look as nice, and pry wasn't as solid as dodge vipers, but it only took 2 minutes and under a dollar

My main computer's radiator is mounted ghetto style too- cable ties are wonderful:)

But my water cooled briefcase pc's rad needs more secure mounting than that since it gets transported often.

The way that rad (older Swiftech radiator) is mounted is a bit funky but I do use rubber washers between the rad and mounting plate and fans and mounting plate.

Xip tied to the chassie of my Lian-li in the top. What could be better? Drill 4 holes and pull zipties through for it to rest on LoL! Can't move anywhere, no room for it too. Mine was a tight fit anyways...

Dodge Viper built a heater core for me, using a pair of the brass thumb nuts he described and it's the sheeznits. :D No more messin' around with flaky brackets or long screws.

Back