• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 5870 Low Framerate plz help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vossyezco

Hi I recently just finished my build

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 AM3 Socket
Corsair 750 WATT
DDR3 4.00 GB RAM
Radeon 5870 XFX IGB RAM
Running Windows 7 32-bit

I installed Futuremark and my scores were as follows-

3d mark score-p14329
gpu score-16320
cpu score 10489

Are these scores accurate?

Is my card defective? I'm running all the latest drivers and catalyst.

I'll wait for the experts to chime in. I'm itching to install 7 now to see what kind of scores vantage gives me

I would imagine thats about right with a stock CPU and videocard.

To confirm, use the ORB to compare your system against others though.

which cpu model is it? theres more then 1 phenom x4 also I think 64 bit would be better for 4 gb ( someone could correct me in im wrong)

Anyways have you tried it on a real high end game to see how it performs? Those scores seem a bit low but I think it may be from the cpu and not the video card itself.

(edit) Looking around at scores from other forums show thats about right if neither card or cpu are overclocked.

yeah, I think that's about right for vantage...

With a single 5870, and my i7 overclocked to 4.2GHz, my Vantage GPU score is 17002 and my CPU score is 25751 - for an overall score of 18580 for the Performance Test. Pretty sure my 5870 was overclocked to 950/1250 or 1300 for that particular test.

this build was first booted up about a 4-5 days ago...I've gotten three random crashes, no error or anything...also when i run the css steam stress test i get max like 200 fps at max

Honestly man, you need to run something that is actually going to attempt to stress that card. CSS I could draw by hand for Pete's sake!

Try to get the Crysis bench, or something along those lines, or run vantage at something higher than its performance setting. This is what we have been saying all along. :)

What is the max/native resolution of your monitor?

1920x1080 I'm installing crysis demo as i type thanks guys you have all been a great help God Bless and i will let you know how things go.

That score is about right for stock. Your main bottleneck right now is the CPU, try OC'ing it. Should easily get 3.6 - 3.8 without much effort. But this bottleneck is much more noticeable in benchmarks than in games.

There isn't a CPU on the market that doesn't bottleneck a 5870 at stock clocks to some extent.
Obviously something like an i7 975 doesn't bottleneck it as much as a slower chip, but still.

Anyway, OC your CPU and i bet your score goes up substantially.

Back