• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radeon 64ddr vivo vs geforce mx400 vivo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orangezero

Registered
which of these cards is better. i would think the radeon would be a little better for gaming. i have the gainward mx card now. i can play wolfenstein with the settings at about 220/220 without any problems. i kind of want to keep the video in/out option so i'm looking at getting a radeon for cheap. can't remember which is which, is the 7500 really just the old radeon ddr?

thanks for clearing this up.

The Radeon 7500 is alot better than the old ddr and ve. I have a VE and a 7500 and my scores with the 7500 are around 4500 in 3D mark. My ve only scores around 1800.

The Radeon 7500 performs just a little better then the GeForce2 TI200, so it should be a lot better than the MX2 you got at the moment.

The radeon 7500 will give you better performance then the Radeon 64 DDR. But the 7500 does not have video in. Only video out unlike the Radeon. I've been thinking of getting a Radeon 7500 but have been a little weiry about giving up my video in. I do a lot of video capturing. I do have a TV tuner card, But the video is'nt as good as the Radeon.

As the owner of an MX400, I'd say go with the Radeon. The Radeon was a little out of my price range when I bought the MX400, but the Radeon is the better card. They're priced about the same now though.

Admiral Fraser said:
I had a VIVO and it was awful, no matter what I did it just didnt perform...

well you got a lemon or did not know how to use it . I had a 64 DDR vivo and it was great should have kept it around as a second card.

now I have a 7500 coupled with a Win TV Tuner capture card

Cisco Kid

Admiral Fraser said:
I had a VIVO and it was awful, no matter what I did it just didnt perform...

well you got a lemon or did not know how to use it . I had a 64 DDR vivo and it was great should have kept it around as a second card.

now I have a 7500 coupled with a Win TV Tuner capture card

Cisco Kid

It had full hardware tests, and passed them, including software tests... it just didnt come up to its standard... Tried all different drivers and all the tricks in the book...

But what the hey, I have a Gainward GeForce4 ti 4600 arriving at the end of the month! WOOHOO!

the vivo is much better on the ati cards. go for a 8500dv if ya can find a 128mb version. or 64 if ya dont care bout the extra ram. either way it'll be a big upgrade from what you got.

yes, i agree with that. but i don't have much money. plus i just got a 17" lcd so i'm probably stuck with my mx400 for a while longer, quiet a while actually.

thanks though,

Back