• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radeon 8500 and 3dmark 2001

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moonman

as friend of mine has told him he got 9800 on 3dmark 2001 with:
1.53ghz athlonxp 1800+
512MB DDR
radeon 8500 le (250/500)

and everything on default settings. (including settings for 3dmark 2001)

is this possible?

wouldnt really surprise me too much, sounds a little high, but then again he has a powerful system....

I don't know. I'm a little skeptical. With my setup O/C'd like crazy i get only 9250 or so. The part about "everything at defualt" is a little iffy to me.

By looking at your system specs and score, and then comparing it to what he said, it does sound a little high. Considering the fact that he doesn’t have his CPU or GPU overclocked. (I’m assuming) But anything is possible I suppose.

nothing in his system is overclocked...

I'm starting to think that he's bsin me

He would have to have everything overclocked very well to get those scores, I would say its with in the reach of his system but only when it was OC'ed til she was crying for mercy.

By the way, I always use the rule of thumb that if you see no evidence then it is 80 % BS. Just makes life easier.

I would'nt say it's impossible. I had a Devil Monster II Radeon that I rma'd (unstable). But that card clocked at 250/250 with the system only running around 1540mhz or so gave me a score of around 9100 or 9200. My new OEM radeon overclocked to 280/280 with the system running at 1650mhz only give's me an average score around 8700 or 8800. Now keep in mind I may have had different driver version's installed on these card's. I can't remember. But I think the DDR memory timing's on the card's were just different. The Devil Monster II was most likely a lot more aggressive giving me a little bit better score then the OEM version I have now.

What motherboard is that? I read an article somewhere about how different motherboards transfer the rates of the PCI/AGP/RAM slots differently than others, so some would be faster and some would be slower. I'll have to check if that's what I actually read (I was half-asleep), but sounds believeable to me.

-PC

arHH.. HOW IN THE WORLD DID HE GET 9800 WITH EVERYTHING on DEFAULT SETTINGS ??!! arHH!!!

Back