• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9000 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lem6687

Hello everyone, im new to these forums, i currently post at Athlonxp.com forums and a link from Mr. B sent me this way and Overclocking is something i would like to do. But Aside from that im running a crappy Compaq Presario with a recently bought Radeon 9000 Pro 64mb and Im using Rage3d Tweak to over clock it. I have both the core and the mem clocked to 276. I dont know much about overclocking or cooling at the moment but would like to in the near future.....

Now Ive been browsing the web for something more to cool my vid card and i came across this http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/vid-10.html for a cooler. Now this is the biggest card cooler ive ever seen, but it seems to get the job done. I would like to purchase that so i could overclock more. Also I would like to break the 6000 mark on 3Dmark2001 by overclocking. I have no complaints with this card. Its running my games beautifly, and is doing a hella of a lot better than my old Savage 3 Intergraded card (Horror Story).....

I would just like some overall suggestions on how to get a better performace with my video card. My whole system will be updated around christmas time, thats including a new case/mobo/and processor. But for now the best performace of my video card would be great. Also my card is a Sapphire Radeon 9000 Atlantis Pro. Is that like a 3rd party card or something, and can that be the reason why im not getting over 6000 in 3dmark2001?

All your suggestions and comments would be appreciated, Thanks.

Milkman

Well the cooler you get things the further it will overclock, rage3d tweak works well as does powerstrip,alot of things contribute to your 3dmark scores memory speed and bandwidth will contribute a great deal,perhaps even more than overclocking things and since your system is a Compaq it most likely will not let you alter much,you might want to try adding ramsinks to the memory(Although I doubt it will help too much),what chip and speed is in your Computer?

OP
L

Lem6687

How would I go about checking the chip and speed in my computer.

If this helps i have 256mb SDRAM,
and VIA VT8363/5 KT133/KM133 Chipset....

is that what you wanted to know?