• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9500 Pro Whens it coming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
by the looks of it is it beter than a 4600? or what, i dont quite get it, if its so much newer why isnt it better, or at toleat priced lower?

I'm happy with my 8500 but the 9500 Pro does sound nice. I want to see how the 9700 regular turns out.

the 9500 pro will be abetter card than the 4600 for the newer features it packs. dx9 will be nice to have for the future. the pricing of the card when it hits the streets should be about $180 US and then it should drop shortly after.

IMHOP thats a good deal considering that when a 4600 came out it was over 300. I talked to a vendor locally here in Vancouver they are expecting mid month of Dec here in Canada, possibly end of Nov but unlikely and I am guessing it will come in at about $320 - 350 Canadian (200US approx to start )

cisco kid

Cisco Kid said:
the 9500 pro will be abetter card than the 4600 for the newer features it packs. dx9 will be nice to have for the future. the pricing of the card when it hits the streets should be about $180 US and then it should drop shortly after.

IMHOP thats a good deal considering that when a 4600 came out it was over 300. I talked to a vendor locally here in Vancouver they are expecting mid month of Dec here in Canada, possibly end of Nov but unlikely and I am guessing it will come in at about $320 - 350 Canadian (200US approx to start )

cisco kid

The cheaper the price, the better :)

I hope ATi puts on decent cooling.

I kind of like the 9700. Its supossed to be the same as the 9700 pro with a bit lower clock on the GPU and RAM right?

If thats right it should O/C niely and give 9700 pro+ speeds. Where the 9500 pro has a 128 bit bus instead of 256 right?

I hope they start shipping soon, as i really want to see how good the retail ones perform. At the least it will drop the price of the Nvidia vid cards a bit i would think. If they dont put on decent cooling have it be easy to remove the stock heatsinks and such so you can add your own heheh. Yeah, i have heard the 9500 pro can handle AA and high detail really well but not the straight low quality low res stuff as good. But your not buying this card to run at low quality settings i would hazard a guess.

Back