• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9700 pro II (Gigabyte) NEW DRIVER!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rotary-Motion

Hi

I have just got my new radeon 9700 pro II and i am not sure what drivers and what version to install first ???

OK! do i install the driver disc first then update with the new catylist drivers 4.1?

OR! do i just put the catylist drivers in first?

Also i have just been to the gigabyte site and they have a driver too! do i install that instead of the 2.4 and the driver disc?

So all you techies out there and especially owners or the 9700 pro gigabyte card can you help?

Also do i stick to DX8.1b or just install DX9 i have heard bad things on the DX9 so need to know how to play this?

---------------------------------
NEW DRIVER! version = r9700pro_779_rc3.zip
---------------------------------

THANK YOU................

Last edited:
OP
Rotary-Motion

Rotary-Motion

hi

thank you

Do i just install cat 2.4 or put driver CD in first and also do i use the updated panel?

also which is the best the new driver from gigabyte or ati powered driver 2.4?

Cheers..........

Angry

Just use the Retail ATI drivers...and it would good to just go ahead and install them, no need to install the gigabyte drivers first...

OC Noob

I have DX9 and no problems, but if I were you I'd play it safe with 8.1 and then move to 9 when you've had the chance to enjoy it before taking a chance on 9.

ps When you do install DX9 play the Animusic demo. If you have kids they will love it. Mine stood there watching it and gigling for a half hour. They are 2 and 5, it may not be so entertaining for older kids tho;)