• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9700 Pro overheat issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
B

bradleyland

Registered
Well, here's an update. I just got off the phone with Allstarshop.com a few minutes ago. I can say only good things about them. I will pay more to buy from them in the future because they're being so awesome. The fact is, I've had the card for more than the 30 day limit on credits/returns. However, the card is still under warranty, so they will exchange it for another. Here's the awesome part. The guy in the RMA department is going to have their support staff check their 500 piece inventory for a card with memory other than EtronTech. How awesome is that? I'm not sure if they'll turn anything up, but damn... that's service. Double thumbs up to Allstarshop.com. The guy spent close to a half an hour with me on the telephone trying to help me out. Unfortunately, to try and exchange the card for another model would require someone to change the actual purchase date... he's all locked up as far as options for helping me, so that's the best he could do.

It sucks because he told me that they are only making $2 on my sale, but they're still going to go through the trouble of looking through all their cards to try and find me a good one.

If they can find me a card with Samsung memory, I'll be happy and stick with it for a while, if they can only find cards with EtronTech memory, I'm going to take the new-in-package card and sell it on eBay to buy a new card. Screw it.