• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9700 probelms

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

First one being that i'm on an athlonXP 2000 with a gig of ram and can't get over 11k on 3kmark. The main thing now is it freezes up on any game. I don't OC it either.

Maximouse

ToiletDuck said:
First one being that i'm on an athlonXP 2000 with a gig of ram and can't get over 11k on 3kmark. The main thing now is it freezes up on any game. I don't OC it either.

What Power supply are you using? Those cards are power hungry and you might have to go to a 400+ psu.

OP
T

ToiletDuck

well I have a MSI k7d master board and i installed the newest drivers for the card

The Coolest

Did u connect the small external power cable to the card? It has same port as the power plug on the Floppy drive, if you haven't pluged in the power that might be the explaination to ur problem

BladeRunner

Yoda of Silent cooling
First time I ran 3d mk with my 9700 it locked up, so I checked the ram chips as others had mentioned they get very hot. amost burnt the skin off my finger tip they were so hot. Got a desk fan out and blew it at the card flat out, no lock-ups after that.

It's true I run a fanless system, but everything is very well cooled and the ambient temp is cool atm. Check how hot the ram is epecially if you don't have good case cooling / airflow.