• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9700 + V-Tuner Tweaker?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rotary-Motion

Hi guys

i have just ordered this card 9700 radeon and it says it can use
---------------------------------------------
Unique Features of GV-R9700 PRO II
· V-Tuner Tweaker supported, can overclock your VPU and Memory speed.

LINK TO SPECS !!!

---------------------------------------------

what i want to know is has anyone used this tweaker and where would i find it? and is there a better tool for the job? and also any other tools that might be nice to play with on this graphic card?

Also is there anyway of monitoring the temp and bios on this card?

CHEERS ALL THX!

Last edited:

Ghost68

ok V-Tuner does not work with windows xp (unless they updated it recently) also the tempature monitor doesnt work with the r9700 (unlike the the gigabyte r8500) all in all its kinda a joke you are better off using rage3d tweaker or powerstrip cause they allow you to not only overclock your card but they add other features like a windows xp refresh rate fix (d3d was recently fixed in the cat2.4 drivers but ogl is still only 60hz without the fix) and other nifty little tweaks.. Note tho that powerstrip isnt free...

Also make sure to reinstall windows after you install the card to get the best performance and load the via 4in1's before you install the ati drivers... be sure to check out the ati dx9 demos before you reformat tho cause dx9 is way unstable and screws everything up and the dx9 beta drivers arent too good... but the demos are cool and worth checking out... All in all you are about to get a GREAT card everything looks soo much better with 4xAA+16xAF

OP
Rotary-Motion

Rotary-Motion

Hi

Thank you for the infomation! this card sounds very finicky? but good.

If i can get away with not formatting the HD i would like that due to having mega stuff installed on my comper.

Can i not install DX9 and just run DX8.1b on the card?

Is OGL a game cd? the version 9700 i'm getting is the pro II ! from gigabyte, i suppose pro #1 had bugs or something?

and also what drivers and DX are you running yourself?

Thank you........

Ghost68

Rotary-Motion said:
Hi

Thank you for the infomation! this card sounds very finicky? but good.

If i can get away with not formatting the HD i would like that due to having mega stuff installed on my comper.

Can i not install DX9 and just run DX8.1b on the card?

Is OGL a game cd? the version 9700 i'm getting is the pro II ! from gigabyte, i suppose pro #1 had bugs or something?

and also what drivers and DX are you running yourself?

Thank you........

Can i not install DX9 and just run DX8.1b on the card? yes the card will run fine with dx8

Is OGL a game cd? the version 9700 i'm getting is the pro II ! from gigabyte, i suppose pro #1 had bugs or something? ogl is short for opengl its a graphics api like directx... / i dont know why they call it as i dont own a gigabyte card mines direct from ati...

If i can get away with not formatting the HD i would like that due to having mega stuff installed on my comper. you can avoid re-installation but for the best performance i wouldnt...

and also what drivers and DX are you running yourself? 8.1

OP
Rotary-Motion

Rotary-Motion

hi there,

Cheers Ghost68 for the info!

So DX8 will be fine, is there much performance drop if i dont reformat? are you running those catylyst drivers 4? something?

thx..........

Ghost68

When i first got my 9700 (1850mhz cpu) I was so excited i just put the card in installed the latest drivers (catalyst 2.3) and ran 3dmark and got around 11000 3dmarks the next day i reinstalled and now i consistantly get more than 13500 3dmarks... If you dont reinstall make sure you rip out any and all old video drivers then install the latest via 4 in 1's then install the latest ati drivers (catalyst 2.4) and the latest ati control panel make sure you defrag your harddrive too

I personally run the catalyst 2.4 series drivers.....

also dont be surprised if you only get +-13000 3dmarks my front side bus is 176mhz so i have much higher memory bandwidth than you....

OP
Rotary-Motion

Rotary-Motion

hi UPDATE!

Ok i have now got the radeon in and i have tried 3 sets of drivers for this card!

1, CD-ROM drivers disc (came with card + 5 games)

2, Gigabytes new drivers

3, Catylist 2.4 + Panel display

ALL WITH DirectX-8.1 !!!

And the best 3Dmark score is with the CD-ROM driver disc!!

All put back to stock i get 12031 !!!

and the others are 11000 there abouts ? with the latest drivers!

is this score about right anyone have simalar spec as mine?

please let me know!!!!

Also the box it came in says its 325 CORE CLOCK and 650 MEMORY CLOCK? but v-tuner only o/c's memory clock from 311 default up to 373 ?? on the box it says its 650 mem clock?? can anyone explain this ???...

Thank you..............

P.S. THIS CARD IS EXCELLANT !!! slight tearing or artifacts in back ground but not touched any settings yet and i have heard there are ways to get over this antialiasing or something if you know please post here!

Last edited: