• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB Spotted At FutureShop!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

And guess how much this Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB is??

$719.99 LOL

The Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB there is selling for $589, does doubling the memory really cause that big of a jump?

OC-Master

935_MobyDick

Holy smokes Batman!

That is steep. Doubling memory does cause that big a jump in price but performance might be another issue.

I remember when Futureshop had Geforce 2 Ultras in the $600 range.

bafbrian

Ok, forget what I said in the other thread, $700+ is way to much to spend on a vid card, regardless of what it might be capable of doing.

Disco_Stu

First of all... they're kidding, right?

And second... I haven't heard anything about the 256mb version being actually released yet. This has the smell of a "PREORDER HALF-LIFE 4 NOW!" type deal all over it.

Amino

Stu,

The information you haven't heard of has been talked about all around this forum for a couple months now. It's also been in numerous magazines. It's the limited edition, ultra-expensive brew that only people, the likes of doctors and rich businessmen that are computer geeks, will buy.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
i stop at $300 no matter how good it is.
its a nice agp card but not worth that.plus im thinking thats canadian?

Disco_Stu

Oh, sorry. I guess I'm just slow :)
I didn't realize they were actually selling them now as ultra-limited editions or whatever. My mistake.

<---- shuts his mouth and stares at his shoes.

Captain Hilts

Which Futureshop was this at, one in Edmonton? I checked and didn't find it listed on their website.

And yeah, those are Canadian dollar prices.

TimWest

That actually sounds like a good price, not that I would every pay it myself.

NewEgg has 128MB in stock for $425. If I convert that $720 Cand to US I believe it comes out to about $435-$450. Only $15 more and you get an extra 128MB from a retail outlet.

I am just crossing my fingers that sometime next year I will be able to pick up a 9700 for $150 or less......lol

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
yes id agree $435-$450 isnt bad when you get double the ram.
but also thats double what i paid for my 9700np.
i dont think the extra $200 is worth the 500-1000 point increase in 3dmark2k3 tho.

FarEast

Most Generous Member
Disco_Stu said:
First of all... they're kidding, right?

And second... I haven't heard anything about the 256mb version being actually released yet. This has the smell of a "PREORDER HALF-LIFE 4 NOW!" type deal all over it.

There on the shelfs here in Japan although they aren't supported by ATI. :(

OP
OC-Master

OC-Master

Captain Hilts said:
Which Futureshop was this at, one in Edmonton? I checked and didn't find it listed on their website.

And yeah, those are Canadian dollar prices.

Yes, the Northgate location. There was two cards on the shelves with a little sticker thing saying you had to peel and pre-order. Appearently, the ones on that shelve were just on hold for customers and they decided to display the card.

Looks awesome thou to see 256MB on the box! Man, Thats a ton of video memory.

OC-Master

Apilot21

It's out? Sweet. I'm off to get one as soon as I see one because I'm crazy and have some money to burn.

bdw8

That is a large amount of money to spend on a video card that will be under $300 before you know it. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have it but I'm stuck around $200. Heh.

1-Man-Army

blah future shop always does that new card ok price it at 700 bucks they always fragging do that well i bet u guys still remeber that now 8500le is cheap they make it cost less which is a dumb idea selling it for 100 bucks or sumthing and price the 9000pro 200 and sumthing duh how sutpid is that