• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon gone south?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yesterday I got many random artifects that were really bad also the whole screen was covered with them, (if you've ever oc'ed your card to high, you know what i mean) anyway i rebooted and still got the same thing just not as bad. i'm not oc'ed and tried clearing the tweaks i've made with radeontweaker, also tried updating drivers. Also tried to slow all the settings in the bios, low aperture, no fast writes, 1x agp speed, even lowered the acceleration to nothing (w/ dxdiag).

At this point i'm thinking of rma repaire to newegg, i do need a new vid card, just don't have the money. anyway if you guys have any suggestions it would be greatly appreiated,
thanks,
Paul

FunkyTechnician

Although most think this goes without saying but I remember it happening to a forum member in the past:

If you are trying to RMA anything, under no circumstances should you ever mention overclocking. If they ask you if you overclock, just say "What's that"?
Less is more, just say you tried to boot up and it just started _______________ (enter defect here)

OP
Paul -The Mad Hatter
well i tried lowering the fsb from 133 to 100 but that didn't help. I'll try to test it in another system before ireturn it. also i gst the bsod (in win xp) related to a file named oxhrula.sys (or .dll) don't rember if that exactly is the name but am looking for it now. do you think its related?

GravY

If you do have to RMA through Newegg.. there will be no problems, I blew up one card a while ago.. and had it replaced in no time from them..

Overclocker550

must be the ram or the core is fried :( I bought a geforce on ebay with a fried core. it works but has lots of shadows and streaks. for $8 bucks shipped its a good deal.

CSaddict

I had the same problem with my machine. I took out the memory and cleaned it and it solved the problem!